Wednesday, 22 June 2016

REVIEW: GreenPeople Vegan Fluoride-Free Toothpaste




After moving back to Devon, which unlike Wales, produces fluoride containing water from its taps, I began to hunt for a Fluoride-Free toothpaste. A quick google of ‘Fluoride-Free Vegan Natural Toothpaste’ led me on to the GreenPeople site, where I found a multitude of new toothpastes to explore!

While I have to say that the range of flavours that GreenPeople boasts had me intrigued, (citrus toothpaste though, really?), I settled for the good ol’ reliable mint. Yet in order to satisfy that adventurous side of me I opted for the ‘Peppermint and Aloe Vera’ rather than the simple ‘Minty Cool’. So with my choice of natural fluoride-free toothpaste added to my Cart, I confidently clicked check out and said farewell to £3.80. I did feel a bit of a spendthrift dolling out more than what I use to pay for my larger tube of Sensodyne, but with free UK delivery and the promise of organic vegan beauty testers being included in my parcel, I soon decided I’d actually snagged myself a bargain.

My little box of GreenPeople goodies arrived in no time, and I was excited to try out my new purchase and the little sample sachet of Fruitful Nights Moisturiser. Yes, I am the kind of girl that gets excited over a new toothpaste and yes, I am aware how sad that is. GreenPeople was well on the way to making a great first impression, with very fast free delivery, reasonable prices and a freebie! 

Unfortunately, the excitement I felt when I finally finished my previous tube and got to open up this one quickly died away when I squeezed out a bit of the tube’s contents. I couldn’t help but feel my stomach twist a little at the colour, my toothbrush failed to present me with the white paste I’d expected, instead what I saw was green! The same greyish-green of most clay face-masks. I looked like something I should be putting on my face not in my mouth. (Side note: does putting toothpaste on spots actually work or just damage your skin? I’ve heard both.) But with a deep breath I squished my doubts, probably formed from all our uber processed ‘perfect’ merchandise of today, and carried on.




This toothpaste has a light mint flavour, neither artificial nor overpowering, which I found pretty pleasant. I couldn’t really taste the Aloe Vera not that I can say I know what Aloe Vera tastes like, but there was a slight off-mint flavour that I will attribute to this. I didn’t need to use a lot of toothpaste and would get a great lather from a pea sized amount. My teeth felt pretty clean after brushing, although as a smoker and heavy black-coffee drinker I opted not to rely on brushing alone. Being a stickler for oral hygiene I followed my bi-daily brushing with alcohol and fluoride free toothpaste and a good floss! I have had no sensitivity or pain since switching to this toothpaste which is brilliant, as I do often suffer.  GreenPeople’s website did assure me that such toothpastes were recommended for those with sensitive teeth, I was a bit of a sceptic of this but have happily been proven wrong.

Having now gotten over the colour, my only grievance with GreenPeople’s Peppermint and Aloe Vera Flouride-Free Toothpaste is the chalk-like residue it seemed to leave behind which had me thinking about that clay face mask similarity again. But since I follow my brushing with mouth wash it hasn’t been something that would bother me enough to complain about, yet I am aware others might not be a fan.

So will I be buying this toothpaste again?

Not exactly a question I have to think too hard about; Yes! While £3.80 for a 50ml tube of toothpaste might seem a bit much, the easy lather you get from small amounts of this toothpaste means does last longer than the average tube. Overall I’m very impressed with this toothpaste and will be happily shopping from GreenPeople again, I am excited to try out the rest of their All Natural Organic Vegan range!


If you enjoyed this post why not check out:

No comments:

Post a Comment