Monday, 23 November 2015

A/W Shoes Wishlist: Boots

Hello, my lovelies. Welcome to my first ever fashion blog post! I'm starting off small by creating a series of wish lists for this season. I'm a shoe person, they're my weakness. If you've ever seen In Her Shoes and can remember the little speech that Rose (Toni Collette) gives about her love for shoes, well I truly relate to that. As a typically insecure girl, despite my feet not exactly being the favourite part of my body, it's hard to get nervous or insecure about feet once they're laced up in the most luxurious well fitting shoes. Saying that, I do get anxious about a few things shoe related - like showing off my gross toes or a certain style making my feet look ridiculously big, and then the fact that a too higher heel might make me look like more of a giant... But I guess these are the issues all tall girls face and I have to say my confidence is growing with age - plus I love shoes too much to let pretty much anything put me off buying or wearing them, well except for lack of funds. 
Anyhoo, this is not a post about body/feet issues but shoes! Woop, woop, and I'll be starting with my favourite kind - boots. I find boots are great all year round, and personally find them the easiest and comfiest to style, and are more relevant than ever at this time of year! So a few of my favourites from this season.




Until recently I didn't think I was really old enough to pull of the look of knee or thigh high boots and therefore would always stick to ankle boots. Over the last year I've found myself being drawn towards this style, which is something completely new to me. However like with everything else, I'm a fussy when it comes to these. I don't like how they look if they don't fit a person's calves properly and I much prefer the ones with a decent block heel or wedge, like these 2 Jeffrey Campbells. I'm afraid I'm not one for stiletto boots either. Saying all this I really like these Dr Martens, they came out a year or 2 ago, the fact that they're laced means you can tighten them to fit and the ribbon gives the typical Dr Marten/army style boot a great girly edge.


Josef Seibel Sandra 04 Ankle Boots Casual Boots £95 £85 (also available in Taupe)
Miss KG Seattle £90 (also available in Tan)
Jeffrey Campbell Hot-Boss $225

There's nothing worse than having cold toes! These Josef Seibels look like the perfect cure to that, and ready to keep your feet warm and looking great whatever the elements. 


Jones Bootmaker Odette Ankle Boots £99 (also available in Tan) 
Kurt Geiger Carvela Supremo in Wine £160 (also available in Tan and Black)

By now you've probably noticed a pattern - all these shoes are wine or black. My wardrobe in general tends not to stray too far from a darker theme with most key pieces being either of these too colours. Plums and wines are generally my favourite colours and they seem to be the starring shades of the high street at the moment which is pretty lucky for me!


How gorgeous are these Jeffrey Campbells!? Velevet is returning to the limelight this season, it's such a beautiful fabric I'd be happy to cover myself in it from head to toe! Excuse the pun.. 


If you enjoyed this post you might want to check out:

No comments:

Post a Comment